Our local groups provide services and support to make a difference for local people affected by MS. Our Group Coordinators use their local knowledge and leadership skills to organise and oversee a local group.
Across the UK, our 270 local groups play a vital part in supporting people affected by MS. They provide sense of belonging, unity and friendship. And they deliver services and support for their local MS community.
We are looking to recruit a Group Coordinator for the Worcester and district Group. As our local Group Coordinator you’ll take the lead in making sure your local group works as effectively as possible. You’ll recruit, induct and support other group volunteers to make sure your group’s activities meet the needs of your local MS community.
In particular you will be:
- Coordinating the activities of our local group to meet the needs of the local MS community
- Coordinating the recruitment, induction and ongoing support of new local group volunteers
- Leading the group’s shared responsibility for planning and reporting expenditure and income
- Approving income and expenditure with the other group bank account signatories and ensuring with the Finance Volunteer, that our financial requirements and policies relating to groups are followed
- Ensuring the group’s activities comply with policies in order to keep people safe
- Regularly communicating and acting as a key contact between staff and volunteers
- Ensuring disclosure checks are completed and witnessed for volunteer roles that need them
- Leading the group's responsibility for designing and delivering services and activities in line with our principles of quality service delivery so that they are safe, effective and impactful
In this role you’ll be able to develop your leadership, management, communication, organisation and motivation skills.
We estimate this role will need around 2 - 5 hours a week. Our roles are flexible and aim to fit around you. Time commitments for this role may vary depending on your activities. This is an ongoing role.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones. We need you to get involved and help make positive changes to the lives of people affected by MS.
You’ll have an interest in the MS Society and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally. You will understand the needs of people affected by MS in your area and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers. You’ll be confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email. You’ll be able to apply disability, equality and inclusion practices and understand and apply our risk management system. Ideally you’ll understand the local area and organisations that provide local services.
You will be reliable and easy to contact and you need to live in or near the Worcester area the group to carry out this role.