Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join St John Ambulance as Head of Education. Reporting to the Director of Youth and Education, this pivotal senior leadership role has ultimate accountability for St John Ambulance’s approach to quality education. The successful candidate will inspire teams, set clear expectations and work collaboratively with other stakeholders to drive forward the organisation’s vision. Also spearheading our move from training towards teaching and learning whilst relaunching our important apprenticeship provision.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working & TOIL, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Degree in Education or member of the PGCE professional body
- Minimum of 2 years teaching and tutoring experience and working with participant groups relevant to the curriculum
- In depth knowledge of innovation and training product research and development, provision of regulated education and continuous improvement and training quality frameworks
- Excellent inter-personal, conflict resolution and negotiating skills with stakeholders and customers
- Authentic leadership style that is transparent and communicative
About the Role:
- Ensuring a culture of excellence, high standards and continuous improvement across all our delivery and embody our behaviours and values
- Lead the development and implementation of our approach to quality education
- Lead on the development and regular review of all education policies and procedures
- Lead on the launch of our employer provider apprenticeship provision, growing into main provider provision
- Working in partnership with the other Heads of Department across the organisation to ensure the organisation goals are executed through a collaborative and cohesive approach
- Lead quality assurance programmes, notably quality of education frameworks and external quality visits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.