Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance is playing a vital role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, first aid training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
Keeping all our patients and St John People safe is the number one priority for St John Ambulance. This a new and important role, the HSE Manager is a member of the Health, Safety & Environment team and reports to the Head of HSE, providing support, advice and guidance across broad spectrum of Health, Safety and Environment to all levels. The successful candidate will be an integral part of incident and accident investigations, ensuring that lessons learnt, and good practices are shared and reported back centrally to support wider risk management processes.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care and mental health, wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- NEBOSH general certificate (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Tech IOSH member (or equivalent)
- Full UK Driving Licence and able to travel, including overnight stays
- Significant experience working in a HSE role
- Expert in conducting risk assessments, incident investigations and monitoring of legal compliance
About the Role:
- Provide competent, professional business focussed and risk-based advice to Directors and other Managers in their designated service area to enable them to carry out their statutory duties with regard to health, safety and the environment
- In agreement with the Head of HSE, develop a consistent approach to ensuring HSE management systems are in place, in use and appropriately reported
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety across approximately 70 buildings
- Managing contractors on site to ensure compliance with contract and H&S regulations
- Liaise closely with all key stakeholders on matters of importance (e.g., contractors regarding asbestos issues and PAT testing)
- Ensure legal and contractual compliance with regards to gas, fire, legionella, asbestos, event safety, clinical incidents, and accidents on our premises and/or in our day-to-day activities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.