Do you want to make a difference and be part of an organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century?
Join us and to carry out a key and pivotal role for St John Ambulance. My Support Service provides critical support to the organisation. Customer-focused, passionate about service delivery and keen to support across the wide range of topics, this important team keep St John Ambulance running effectively.
This is a new and excellent opportunity to join the My Support Service function delivering specialist administrative support for day-to-day transactions across employees and volunteers within St John Ambulance. You will enjoy a varied role, providing support in a number of key areas such as Payroll, Finance People and Fleet.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care and mental health, wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- At least 12 months experience in an administrative role
- Ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and under direction from line manager
- Good IT skills across standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning & organisation skills and a good team player
About the Role:
We have a number of positions available and welcome applications from part-time applicants, please state on your application the hours you are available to work.
- Being the first point of contact for staff, line managers, volunteers, customers and suppliers, providing an effective resolution at the first point of contact whenever possible
- Responsible for providing administrative support effectively across at least 3-4 subject areas
- Using a wide range of systems and processes to manage and resolve enquiries
- Where an enquiry cannot be resolved at first point, own the task to resolution, or escalate through appropriate channels
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.