Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a National Head of Commercial Training Delivery to join us to lead through a team of Training Managers, delivering courses daily at St John and customer premises across a wide geographic area. The role will also support the strategic ambition developing our future digital training offering and scoping future opportunities. This is a key leadership role within St John Ambulance; the successful candidate will influence and develop the quality and attractiveness of Workplace Training products and services. The candidate will also ensure a cohesive, consistent, and efficient national operation that meets learner, customer, partner and regulator’s expectations.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Experience of operating at a senior leadership level in a relevant organisation or field, including managing managers
- Strong and impactful operational management with ambitious aims and within a complex working environment
- Workforce and resource planning experience, building capacity, and scaling-up activities
- Experience of leading a large team across a wide geographical area with multiple stakeholders and matrix structures within a profitable commercial, customer-focussed environment
About the Role:
- Lead a team of 400+ people to ensure the professional, profitable, and successful delivery of market-leading commercial training programmes in 190+ locations for 250,000+ learners per year, generating £50m+ income
- Lead and develop national projects and initiatives to ensure high efficiency, technological and process improvement, and highly effective services
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of training courses and deliverables, to demonstrably meet regulator, partner and internal standards. Leading on quality standards and providing relevant reports, implementing improvements, and providing recommendations and proposals to the senior leadership team
- Provide subject matter expertise in programme delivery, quality, content, and capacity building to the Director of Training & Operations and support the leadership of business change across the directorate
- Guide managers in the effective and compassionate leadership of people and management of customers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.