Do you want to make a difference and be part of an organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? The Website Product Owner is a key and vital role for St John Ambulance, as it acts as a key voice of the organisation.
Exciting opportunity to join our External Communications team! Reporting to our External Communications Director, the successful candidate will act as our in-house communications digital expert and advocate, championing a user-centric approach to design and development. As a 2 people team you will create and deliver a vibrant strategy for our web presence.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, 35-hour week, hybrid working, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care, mental health/wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Minimum 18 months experience in similar role as Website Product Owner or similar Digital experiences
- Excellent understanding and experience of website capabilities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – be able to negotiate with people at all levels who may have conflicting goals
- Excellent written communication skills, with high-level proof-reading skills and attention to detail
About the Role:
- Lead on setting overall objectives for the website, manage the continuous release of features, prioritising functionalities with business units, working with senior business stakeholders to enhance customer journeys, customer experience, increase content engagement and sales
- Act as in-house communications digital expert and advocate, focussing on user experience
- Plan and produce engaging content, using a range of formats, to ensure an effective website
- Development, socialisation, prioritisation and agreement of the product strategy, backlog and roadmaps
- Champion an on-brand approach, act as gatekeeper for the organisation’s website strategy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.