St John’s is a non-maintained residential and day school for deaf pupils aged 4-19, many of whom have additional special educational needs. The school is celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2020, and has ambitious plans for future development.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who will also be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the Head Teacher, the successful candidate will be a forward thinking finance professional with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
The role includes:
- Responsibility for the strategic direction and operational delivery of school support in the following areas: finance, HR, premises maintenance, health & safety and catering
- Lead responsibility for ensuring all statutory requirements relating to people, property, premises and financial information are identified and fully met
- Providing strategic support to the Head teacher and Governing Body on all aspects of school business management ensuring statutory compliance and value for money
- Developing and maintaining appropriate and effective policies and procedures across areas of responsibility
- Preparing and presenting information and advice to Governors both at and outside of meetings
- Act as the school’s designated Health and Safety officer
The successful candidate will have:
A CCAB or CIMA accountancy qualification
Substantial work experience at a senior level in a similar role
Proven ability to manage cross-functional work teams
Proven ability of developing strategicand long term plans
A good working knowledge of the statutory and regulatory issues related to at least two of the following: payroll, pensions, charity finance and law, contract law, health & safety law a
Closing date for applications : 13th September
Interviews w/c 30 September
Applications should be made using our application form only. CVs will not be accepted.
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references regarding your suitability to work with children
Headteacher : Mrs A Bradbury
Charity Registration : 529319
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.