We are looking for an experienced Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager to generate awareness and funding for the work of St John’s Hospice, as well as the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. You will be responsible for helping to develop and deliver a corporate and community fundraising strategy to deliver the agreed budget and develop the number and range of donors and to support fundraising activities throughout the department.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrate significant experience managing fundraising, encompassing a broad spectrum of income-generating activity
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury charitable private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
Am I the right person for this Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager role?
- Trustworthy with an out-going, positive mentality
- Experience in managing change at a strategic and operational level
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting, managing, developing and motivating employees and volunteers
- Demonstrable experience of researching, developing, delivering and evaluating new business opportunities
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of the principals of effective community fundraising
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of the principals of effective corporate fundraising
- Ideally knowledge or experience of hospice and fundraising
- Ideally experience of developing and managing a significant budget and operational plan
What are the responsibilities of this Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager role?
- To maintain awareness of relevant fundraising developments throughout the voluntary sector, and ensure that St John’s continues to deliver an innovative and high quality programme of community, individual and corporate initiatives.
- To devise project plans, marketing plans, timelines and budgets for individual income streams,
- To help devise and deliver a set of benchmarking reports for each income stream to track progress towards budgeted goals.
- To develop, build and deliver a profitable, sustainable community events programme, as well as new initiatives to raise funds from community groups including but not limited to schools, churches, and gyms for example.
- To solicit new and work with existing corporate partners to maximise the potential of such partnerships within the local community.
- To work with volunteers, engaging and motivating them to support community fundraising initiatives where applicable.
- To negotiate with external suppliers to ensure that these relationships are developed and managed appropriately.
- To ensure that all initiatives and activities are effectively followed-up.
- To identify and develop new initiatives to support corporate, community and challenge event fundraising.
- To ensure that project plans and budgets are developed for each activity or initiative.
- To oversee production of relevant promotional literature in accordance with marketing department guidelines.
Why apply for this role as Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.