Job Title: Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager
Salary: £41,000 - £43,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: 60 Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
We are looking for an experienced philanthropist to join the dynamic team at St Johns and St Elizabeth Hospital, managing the philanthropy and partnerships fundraising function at St John’s Hospice.
St John’s Hospice treats over 4,000 terminally ill patients and their families a year, providing services across eight London Boroughs - some of which are the poorest in the UK. In total, the fundraising team have a responsibility to generate over £2.2million in voluntary fundraising to support this free palliative care and with more than 50% of the hospice voluntary income raised by the Philanthropy team, the hospice has an enviable success record in this area of fundraising.
Managing a team of three, the successful candidate should have a record of achievement in a similar role and have the ability to demonstrate knowledge of current philanthropic motivations and trends.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, this free of charge Hospice is supported by charitable funds from St John and St Elizabeth Hospital, and this position is a key role within the Hospice’s fundraising department.
Am I the right person for this Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager role?
- Considerable experience of working in major donor development, trusts & foundations and VIP liaison.
- Personal experience of securing and supporting donations of six figure sums.
- Prior experience of managing staff and the ability to show how you developed them to proactively seek and secure commitment from current and potential donors.
- A track record of stakeholder engagement and working with staff at all levels
- Ideally experience of using Raiser’s Edge or other CRM system
- Flexible, can-do attitude
What are the Responsibilities of this Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager role?
- To develop philanthropy and trust strategies, leading on their implementation and contributing to their progression continually.
- Research and develop new income generation opportunities, leading on the production of materials for donors and applications.
- To achieve responsibility for income from philanthropy, high value events and trusts and foundations.
- Manage a team of three philanthropy & partnerships staff, providing clear objectives and reviews as well as effective and supportive line management
- Manage a sizeable portfolio of major donors, prospects and trust supporters following up on new leads recommended highlighted through the team’s prospect research functions and ensuring the highest quality of stewardship and support is provided for such supporters.
- Lead on work to identify and monitor Hospice service priorities and projects to match to relevant funding priorities.
- Support the Head of Fundraising in their duties including performance reporting and to act as her official deputy, supporting her in the strategic development of fundraising activities.
Why apply for this role as Philanthropy and Partnerships Manager?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Private healthcare cover
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.