Brilliant opportunity for a dynamic, committed Christian, with a vibrant faith, to facilitate the growth of faith in parents, children and young people, using excellent relationships our church has in Willenhall Coventry. The role includes some practical missional working with families supporting parenting and other difficulties. Great prospects for identifying, developing, implementing and reflecting on projects and initiatives that enable young parents, children and young people to have a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
You will have a proven ability to lead and organise others, coupled with the ability to work constructively as a member of a team. You will have the demonstrated ability to communicate the Christian gospel effectively to families, children and young people and to equip them to grow in their faith. You will be a creative person who identifies opportunities and inspires others to try new things, and have a good track record of working within a church context on a variety of community activities. You will have excellent interpersonal and social skills and be able to relate well to a wide range of people, both from within and outside the church, including schools.
You are someone who is able to:
- Create a culture that recognises and welcomes the capacity of young parents, children and young people to transform the Church and the world.
- Ensure that all relevant regulations for working with young children are understood, adhered to and complied with.
- Develop and manage budgets and expenditure.
- Assist with identification and applications to grants to support the projects.
- Be aware of issues around mental health in young parents and young people.
You will be a mature Christian with a firm faith, sympathetic and able to work within the church tradition of St John the Divine Willenhall Coventry (Middle). You will be committed to growing in your faith and able to organise your time to include space for both personal prayer and bible study. You need to be willing to be a committed member of St John the Divine Willenhall and play a full part in our life. You will be professional, friendly and approachable, including when under pressure, culturally sensitive and able to work with people from different backgrounds. You will be discreet and trustworthy, able to sensitively manage private or confidential information.
- A standard of education commensurate to this role.
- Ideally a theological qualification or training qualification to work with parents, children/young people or equivalent experience.
- Full driving licence.
- It is an Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010) of this post to have a committed Christian faith and be actively involved in worshiping in a church community.
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Start date – Flexible
- Contract – This is a fixed term appointment for an initial 3 years. It will have a probationary period of six months.
- Hours – 25 hours per week including attendance at Sunday morning service, weekly daytime and evening activities, meetings and training.
- Employer – The Parochial Parish Council of St John the Divine Willenhall Coventry.
- Salary + Pension – We can offer an annual salary of £24,000 gross per annum (based on a 37 Hour week) pro rata (£12,700 – 16,000) per annum subject to experience, plus pension.
- Annual Leave – Five weeks (120 Hours including a maximum of 5 Sundays).