Saint Laurence’s is an Anglican congregation with a particular vision for young people. We currently have a congregation of about 25-30 young people (aged 13-18), 35-40 children (ages 0-12) and 90 adults (of various ages!). We meet in a wonderfully re-ordered twelfth century church building, and seek to be a community which lives out the good news of the Kingdom with and among young people of the town.
We are looking for a HR Admin and Operations Coordinator to join us in a part time contract, ideally working 15 hours a week Monday - Friday. The post will be based in our Central Reading location and have responsibility for the day to day running of the church office.
The HR Admin and Operations Coordinator will take particular responsibility for:
1. Communications - To oversee and enable great internal and external communication. - To ensure the members of the church have access to the information they require to facilitate their maximum participation - To oversee the outward facing communication of the church including calls, messages and online.
2. HR - Enabling the Staff Team to be as effective as is possible in the delivery of their jobs.
- Support with all aspects of recruitment - advertising, interviews, references.
- Issue all HR documentation for new starters: Offer of Employment, Contracts, Staff Handbooks, Pensions Info, New Starter Form for Payroll, A/L Record Set-Up & Induction carried out
- Dates put in the diary for probation period, annual appraisals & (if needed) forms prepared for use
- Keep A/L records up to date
- DBS Checks - continue processing those about to expire and those who have yet to obtain a DBS check. Also, check those on update service who has provided their reference.
- Encourage uptake of and arrange any relevant training by Staff (First-Aid, H&S etc)
- Ensure correct email accounts are in use/suspended & correct sharing of documents
- Respond to any Staff/Volunteer IT needs
3. Administrative responsibility and oversight - To enable the efficient running of church administration. In coordination with the finance administrator and PCC Treasurer.
- Ensure that everyone involved in the production and delivery of the annual accounts are on track and have all they need to submit material for audit.
- Ensure correct payroll & pension payments are processed monthly
- Ensure monthly accounts have been reconciled
- Ensure all bookings have been invoiced for
- To manage the efficiency of the Finance Admin contract - to undertake any practical tasks necessary in the handling of the PCC account - such as paying in, encouraging colleagues to submit expenses and in the efficient holding of financial information.
4. Office Oversight - To ensure the church office accessible, well equipped and all necessary policies are kept up to date.
- The post holder is required to be respectful of the Christian ethos and overall values of the church and uphold
ethical and professional standards and not behave in a manner that is likely to bring the
Church into disrepute.
- This role is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check and evidence of the right to work in the UK
- St Laurence is in support of flexible working and would consider term time only applicants.