St Luke’s Hospice – Caring for Harrow and Brent St Luke’s Hospice cares for people approaching the end of their life in Harrow and Brent. We aim to give the people we care for the best possible quality of life, each and every day. Supporting local people and their families is at the heart of what we do – focusing on what matters the most to them is at the centre of our care.
The care we give is free of charge, available to all, and respects the cultures, religions and beliefs in our richly diverse community. Our care is given with compassion and dignity and involves not just looking after the patient, but also includes supporting the people closest to them.
We receive around 40% of our funding from the NHS and the rest is raised from the amazing generosity of the organisations and people who make our care possible. Our local community is a vital partner in our care, kindly supporting us through their donations and fundraising alongside the dedication of over 800 incredible volunteers who freely give us their time to support the best possible end of life care for local people.
Job Purpose and scope
Legacies is an exciting key area of growth for St Luke’s Hospice.
A wonderful opportunity has arisen to join our fundraising team, as a Legacy Marketing Fundraiser. This is a newly created position, working part-time, 3 days / 22.5 hours a week, playing a key role in the development of our legacy marketing programme for existing and new supporters, in order to increase income from legacies and to grow our pipeline of legacy prospects.
You will support the Major Donor and Legacy Manager to generate income for St Luke’s by leading on our legacy strategy, building and maintaining legacy partnerships and providing excellent supporter care. You will develop and deliver a legacy marketing programme to engage our clinicians, volunteers and retail staff. You will project manage the development and production of legacy marketing materials, preparing briefs, and managing key supplier relationships; and you will manage a growing pool of legacy prospects and pledgers, recording and tracking donor metrics.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for legacy fundraising and can promote the difference gifts in wills make to our cause. We want legacies to become embedded in normal, regular conversations with our supporters, and to make it easy for people to give, if they so choose. You will play a key role in helping St Luke’s Hospice foster a legacy fundraising culture to ensure future growth for our charity.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Maximise income for St Luke’s Hospice from legacies by:
- Implementing a legacy marketing and stewardship strategy (the St Luke’s Hospice Forever Fund) aimed at increasing awareness of St Luke’s need for legacies
- Maintaining a pipeline of legacy prospects and pledges and, managing the ongoing relationship with current legators
- Managing relationships with external suppliers to ensure there is an effective legacy presence through design, print, online and digital, outlining the importance of legacy gifts to the work of St Luke’s Hospice
- Analysing data to ensure that the right targets or potential new audiences are selected for any legacy marketing campaigns
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring that the database records of legacy pledgers and donors are as accurate and up to date as possible
- Organising our Make a Will promotions by recruiting solicitors, arranging informative seminars, and marketing to our supporter base and a wider audiences.
- Analysing the effectiveness of previous promotions to inform and improve our future activity
- Collaborating with internal teams to target supporters effectively, share expertise and best practice on legacy messaging, and to ensure all messaging is embedded across the hospice