St Luke’s Hospice – Caring for Harrow and Brent St Luke’s Hospice cares for people approaching the end of their life in Harrow and Brent. We aim to give the people we care for the best possible quality of life, each and every day. Supporting local people and their families is at the heart of what we do – focusing on what matters the most to them is at the centre of our care.
The care we give is free of charge, available to all, and respects the cultures, religions and beliefs in our richly diverse community. Our care is given with compassion and dignity and involves not just looking after the patient, but also includes supporting the people closest to them.
We receive around 40% of our funding from the NHS and the rest is raised from the amazing generosity of the organisations and people who make our care possible. Our local community is a vital partner in our care, kindly supporting us through their donations and fundraising alongside the dedication of over 800 incredible volunteers who freely give us their time to support the best possible end of life care for local people.
Job Purpose and scope
This managerial role will see you working with your team to manage the development and implementation of recruitment and stewardship programmes for major donors and legacy pledgers. You will be responsible for leading and driving forward both streams of income, providing line management to roles in support of this work.
You will generate and maximise income through identifying, and building, key relationships with high net worth individuals; providing excellent bespoke stewardship to meet annual agreed income targets in accordance with our Fundraising Strategy. You will also be responsible for legacy administration and oversee the implementation of the legacy marketing programme, building networks with new supporters able to make high value legacy pledges and gifts.
You will be a passionate relationship-focused fundraiser with the ability to inspire and lead others, develop external relationships, and achieve excellent results whilst working collaboratively with our hospice and retail colleagues.
- Strategic & Managerial
- Be responsible for leading and driving forward the development of a successful major donor programme to meet, and exceed, agreed annual income targets
- Oversee the implementation of the legacy strategy, working closely with the Legacy Marketing Fundraiser to grow income through increasing the volume of legacy enquiries and pledges
- Working with the Director of Fundraising and other key colleagues, identify suitable projects within the charity’s strategic plan to build compelling cases for support for new and existing donors
- Manage direct reports, setting KPI’s and monitoring progress against targets, and to ensure notifications are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner
- Work closely with the CEO, Trustees, and existing supporters to build on their networks and mobilise introductions / asks for future support
- Manage and achieve income and expenditure budgets
- Line management of relevant posts to support this work
- Major Donors
- Develop and implement a major donor stewardship programme, including individual donor plans, written communications and reports, and face to face meetings
- Develop relationships with existing key supporters and maintain a pipeline of prospective major donors, to result in gifts of £2,000 and above
- Effectively steward existing major donor relationships, keeping them well-informed and involved in the work of the Hospice to secure their continued support
- Research and identify new major donors by using our database and extended networks to identify and engage those with a likely interest in our cause
- Create tailored presentation materials to evidence the need, and personal, timely reports to evidence the impact of our Hospice work
- Acknowledge and recognise major gifts in a timely and appropriate manner
- Be responsible for the strategic delivery of the legacy programme to increase our legacy giving pipeline
- Manage the relationship with Legacy Link, to provide regular and accurate reports on our legacy activity and income status
- Lead and plan activities to drive income from gifts in wills and embed legacy messaging in all communications
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in our shops to highlight the importance of leaving a gift in a will, and the lasting impact it could have