St Margaret’s Hospice Care has been at the heart of Somerset’s community for 40 years. Our dedicated teams provide high quality, compassionate care and support to help patients, their families and carers facing a life-limiting illness. Last year we supported more than 4,900 people.
Our success depends upon recruiting and developing the very best people, who can innovate as well as bring experience and fresh new ideas to the hospice, so that we can provide the best care possible for patients and their families.
We are patient-centred, compassionate, respectful, brave, self-aware, informed and driven.
Community Partnerships Fundraiser
Location: Taunton/Yeovil – although flexible working from home while COVID restrictions are in place
Hours: 37 hours a week – evening and weekend work will be required
Salary: £24,136 per annum
Our patients, their families, our staff, volunteers and supporters are at the heart of our charity.
For over 40 years St Margaret’s has been at the heart of the Somerset community, and consecutive generations have generously given their support, in a variety of wonderful ways to raise vital funds. As a Community Partnerships Fundraiser, you will thrive on engaging with different stakeholders across the county, whether that’s local businesses, rotary groups, churches or individuals undertaking fundraising on our behalf. You will work in partnership with our local community to deliver agreed net income, across a range of engaging events, initiatives and campaigns, always ensuring that you are working in a collaborative way with colleagues across the directorate to ensure opportunities are not missed and that income potential is maximised. Developing and nurturing a strong network of volunteers will be key to your success, as you raise the profile of the hospice and motivate others to join our community of fundraisers.
As part of a wider team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering our three-year strategic framework, which has at its heart the need to embed first class supporter experience. You will ensure that our supporters receive tailored communications and are fully supported in their journey with the hospice.
No one day will be the same – but we can guarantee it will be varied, busy and hugely rewarding. This is a great opportunity to make your mark while capitalising on the return to public fundraising, where you can test new ideas and fundraising innovations.
Everyday St Margaret’s Hospice Care helps patients, families and carers across Somerset who are facing a life-limiting illness. This care and support is provided in the community, in patients own homes, as outpatients and day patients at our Taunton and Yeovil hospice hubs and in our In-patient Unit.
If you would like to make a real difference to patients and their families across Somerset, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Proven track record of raising targeted income within a fundraising or sales environment
- Proven track record of working with, motivating and managing a team of volunteers
- Proven track record of planning and implementing events and projects
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account changing priorities throughout the fundraising calendar and the need to support colleagues with their activities and events
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset.
- Auto enrolment for eligible staff in Workplace pension scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Initial 28 days annual leave (including bank holiday) pro rata increasing dependant on length of service.
- Eligibility for NHS discounts – Blue Light Card etc
- Confidential and free 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
Closing date: 28th April 2021
Interviews: W/C 10th May 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.