St Margaret’s Hospice Care has been at the heart of Somerset’s community for 40 years. Our dedicated teams provide high quality, compassionate care and support to help patients, their families and carers facing a life-limiting illness. Last year we supported more than 4,900 people.
Our success depends upon recruiting and developing the very best people, who can innovate as well as bring experience and fresh new ideas to the hospice, so that we can provide the best care possible for patients and their families.
We are patient-centred, compassionate, respectful, brave, self-aware, informed and driven.
Legacy & Partnerships Officer – Maternity Cover
Location: Taunton – although flexible working from home while COVID restrictions are in place
Hours: 37 hours a week
Contract: Fixed Term, maternity cover starting from 5 May 2021 – 31st March 2022
Salary: £22,499 per annum
Our patients, their families, our staff, volunteers and supporters are at the heart of our charity.
Legacy fundraising is a hugely valuable source of income for St Margaret’s Hospice, raising in the region of £2M each year, which helps the charity to continue providing care across Somerset. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team that looks after this income stream, as we look for an experienced legacy officer to provide maternity cover.
Reporting to the Grants & Major Gifts Manager, you will oversee a busy and varied workload, covering legacy administration and marketing campaigns, through to helping deliver events and new initiatives to engage our portfolio of high value supporters. A large part of the role will be focused on developing relationships both internally and externally to expand and maintain a robust pipeline of legacy pledgers and enquirers. Therefore, you will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your communication style to different audiences, as well as strong attention to detail. You will be confident dealing with complex information and working with budgets and accounts.
As part of a wider team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering our three-year strategic framework, which has at its heart the need to embed first class supporter experience. You will ensure that our supporters receive tailored communications and are fully supported in their journey with the hospice, which focuses on life-time value.
Everyday St Margaret’s Hospice Care helps patients, families and carers across Somerset who are facing a life-limiting illness. This care and support is provided in the community, in patients own homes, as outpatients and day patients at our Taunton and Yeovil hospice hubs and in our In-patient Unit. If you would like to make a real difference to patients and their families across Somerset we look forward to hearing from you.
- Significant experience in Legacy Administration and working with solicitors/executors
- Track record in the Charity Sector
- Ability to manage financial spreadsheets
- Ability to assimilate and analyse written and financial information quickly and accurately
- Discretion and awareness at all times of the confidential nature of our work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a flexible attitude
- Ability to form and develop excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident and persuasive written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear manner
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset.
- Auto enrolment for eligible staff in Workplace pension scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Initial 28 days annual leave (including bank holiday) pro rata increasing dependant on length of service.
- Eligibility for NHS discounts – Blue Light Card etc
- Confidential and free 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
Closing date: 16th April 2021
Interviews: W/C 26th April 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.