About the role
The Operations Director is a new post responsible for ensuring the proper administration of all aspects of the work of SMH and maximising income from commercial and social opportunities.
- Assisting in developing and implementing plans and goals for all departments
- Working with the CE to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Ensuring best value with all transactions and particularly with the Gallery Café.
- Representing SMH on outside organisations and bodies.
About St. Margaret’s House
We are a unique charity supporting creativity & wellbeing in East London. Our mission is to promote positive social change by creating opportunities for people to come together and play a more active part in their community. Our projects anchor us in the community, providing spaces for residents to eat, shop, learn, create, and enjoy a diverse cultural program. Our buildings are home to more than 25 community organisations and charities and many others that hire our rooms for their meetings, training sessions, and events. All the profits go back into the community, enabling us to run volunteer programmes and support local individuals and organisations.
This is an exciting time for us as we are looking to build the new Arts& Wellbeing Centre in the coming years on our premises and the fundraising process has just begun.
We are seeking a results-driven and highly competent Operations Director with strong leadership skills to manage and improve the efficiency of our organisation's operations.
You will support the CE in departmental planning and monitoring progress. You will also be working to enhance productivity and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
Your superior organizational skills and strategic planning will assist in generating positive revenue growth, harmonising operations, improving employee performance, and enhancing our operational model.
You will be well-versed in performance and operations management and competent in assuming delegated duties. You will be a leader and critical thinker, ready to solve problems before they become obstacles.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process; including developing and implementing goals for all departments, monitor attainment of objectives, internal reviews and development of project plans to fulfil the business plan
- Work with the CE to coordinate and supervise daily operations
- Lead in budgeting and monitoring expenses. Streamline operations, ensure that administrative functions run smoothly, eliminate wastage, and improve our organisation's financial standing through accurate expenditure monitoring and budget forecasting
- Lead on operational policies and relevant procedures and be responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation, including sustainability and eco policies and procedures
- Contract management and compliance
- Oversee and implement all aspects of risk assessment and management and quality assurance and monitoring
- Identify new commercial opportunities
- Attend Board and other meetings when needed and report on areas of responsibility.
- To carry out any other non-specified duties as may be required by the CEO and Board of Trustees from time to time
The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills, analytical and strategic thinking abilities, a talent for finance and budgets, ability to multi-task, and superior interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience as Operations Director or other similar position
- BSc/BA in business administration or related field; MSc/MA is an asset
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Retail/Hospitality/Catering experience an advantage
The successful candidate will be keen to take part in the general life of SMH as an organisation, being ready to lend assistance to the running of projects and services on occasion and to maintain and uphold the values and ethos of SMH.