Job title: Charity Administrative Coordinator
Responsible to: Charity Operations Officer
Line management: None
Contract type: Permanent
Location: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London – hybrid working but office-based work will be essential on a regular basis
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Main purpose of role: To provide quality administrative support for the Charity’s operational and office services and Frontline Network activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
Supporting the Frontline Network
- Supporting internal and external Frontline Network meetings – including agenda preparation and minute taking
- Supporting the team in administering funding offers including the Ideas Fund and Training Fund
- Acting as first point of contact for members of the Frontline Network, offering support with membership registrations, sign-up and other questions or queries from members to our Frontline Network inbox
- Assisting the Policy and Communications Officer with external communications and uploading blogs, news and views, and events to our websites
- Working closely with the Partnerships Officer and Partnerships Manager to provide administrative support with in-person and online training events, annual and regional conferences and other Frontline Network activities
Supporting the Charity Operations Officer
- Managing the Charity’s work locations, supporting people to book office desks and other work locations, especially in the context of the Charity developing hybrid working practices
- Providing support to the whole Charity team in supplying stationery and equipment for office and home workers, maintaining Health & Safety for office and home workers, and support with staff training, invoicing, and payments
- Providing support with HR administration including, among other aspects, recruitment, induction, contracts of employment and mandatory training
- Providing administrative support for range of tasks including staff travel arrangements, payments and staff training, and liaison with the Charity’s technical support services
- Assisting with the administration of Trustee meetings, staff social events and staff meetings
- Liaising with colleagues at The Connection at St Martin’s and across St Martin-in-the-Fields organisation
Supporting the Charity Director
- Supporting the Charity Director with diary management and preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Providing administrative support for other Charity projects and activities
This is a new role in an expanding Charity and the post holder will help to develop its scope and opportunities as the organisation and its activities evolve and grow. Training will be provided.
- Direct experience of undertaking administrative roles in a complex, busy environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Able to demonstrate examples of successfully coordinating projects/activities
- Able to manage multiple overlapping deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively with others to achieve results
- Ability to keep calm and think clearly
- Ability to show a high degree of professionalism
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in an organisation which supports people experiencing homelessness or similar organisations
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident
- Knowledge of using Zoom, HeySummit and other communications platforms
- Experience in minute-taking
- Some experience in helping run events
How to apply?
Interested to come and work for us, then please provide –
- A current, comprehensive CV outlining your key achievements in previous and current roles with details of two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior consent).
- A supporting statement (no longer than two A4 pages) explaining how you believe your skills and experiences match the requirements of the role and the person specification.
Deadline for receipt of applications - 11.59pm on Sunday 10 October 2021
Interviews are expected to be held online week beginning 18 October 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.