Job title: Fundraising Administrator
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Line management: None
Contract type: Permanent
Location: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London - currently working from home during Covid restrictions but office-based work will be essential on a regular basis
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum dependent on experience
Main purpose of role: To support the Fundraising Team with administration needed to deliver fundraising strategy
To support our small, friendly and dynamic Fundraising Team to deliver fundraising strategy and maximise opportunities to realise growth and achieve our targets.
The Fundraising Administrator will be the first point of contact for fundraising queries. We need someone who is a friendly, outgoing communicator, able to handle queries from our donors, volunteers and the public.
The role will provide general administrative support to the Fundraising Team, particularly during the Christmas Appeal to ensure operations run smoothly. This will include opening post, processing cheques, thanking our donors and ensuring we are able to manage the high volumes of queries, traffic and donations we receive particularly over the Christmas period.
The role will also focus on managing our database and ensuring processes are effective and fit for purpose. As such, we would welcome applicants who are able to demonstrate strong attention to detail as well as organisational and time management skills.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To carry out day to day tasks such as opening post, processing cheques and banking
- Act as first point of contact for internal and external queries, answering phone calls, emails and letters, and providing information and thank you communications/acknowledgements
- Maintain and update our donor database Donorfy to ensure records are kept accurate and up to date
- Accurately importing donations to our donor database across a range of platforms
- To have a sound understanding of, and adhere to, Gift Aid - in terms of record keeping, securing, scanning, submitting and storing declarations
- To administer Regular Givers and ensure all information held on them is up to date
- Maintain legacy record, liaising with those who wish to leave a gift in their will as well as family members, solicitors and executors
- Provide administrative support and exceptional supporter care to Community Fundraisers including managing platforms such as JustGiving
- Collate data and report back on key performance metrics across the team
- Provide tech support where needed, for example building emails
- To carry out research to support the team, for example on Trust Fundraising
- To oversee the recruitment and training of volunteers, particularly in anticipation of our busy Christmas Appeal period
- To assist the Fundraising Team to deliver the fundraising strategy and support the organisation as required to deliver the overall organisational aims and objectives
We are looking for a flexible and positive individual with strong organisational and time management skills as well as excellent attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is happy to support across the team but who can work independently.
- Experience of maintaining a database and keeping accurate records
- Excellent customer service / supporter care
- Strong numeracy and data management abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes the initiative to support the team with any jobs, as needed
- Willingness to learn and ability to get stuck in!
- Able and competent user of Microsoft Office software
- An interest in developing a career in the charity sector with a specific interest in fundraising
- An understanding of and interest in the work of St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity and supporting people away from homelessness
- Experience of working in fundraising, particularly Individual Giving
- Experience of using Donorfy or another Customer Relationship Management database
- Experience of identifying improvements which can be made to existing processes
How to apply
If you are passionate about our work to address homelessness, please provide:
- A current comprehensive CV outlining your key achievements in previous and current roles with details of two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior consent)
- A supporting statement (no longer then two A4 pages) supporting how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role and the person specification
Deadline for receipt of completed applications: Sunday 25 April 2021 at 11.59pm
Interviews to be held from the week beginning 3 May 2021 and will be conducted online.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.