Job Title: Senior Impact Officer
Responsible To: Development Manager
Line Management: VRF Officer and VRF Coordinators
Contract type: Permanent
Location: St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London
Salary: £34K - £37K
Main purpose of job: To manage the day to day running of our funding programmes (VRF and the Ideas Fund), and develop them to ensure that they respond to need as highlighted by frontline workers and people experiencing homelessness.
Main duties and responsibilities
Day to day running of the VRF
One of the main focuses for the role will be managing the day to day activity of the VRF. This will involve:
- Providing line management for the two VRF Coordinators and the VRF Officer, ensuring that all necessary tasks are allocated and that capacity for carrying out assessments is maintained to allow VRF to maintain its opening hours.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of our funding programme on the basis of strong evidence and insight into our beneficiaries
- Improving the collection of data, measurement, monitoring and evaluation of our funding so that we know about the outcomes we are achieving
- Managing the VRF budget
Day to day running of the Ideas Fund
We currently run an Ideas Fund open to frontline workers through the Frontline Network. We are keen to develop this fund and ensure that learning from the ideas which are funded are shared with the wider Network and sector. The main tasks would include:
- Liaising with and supporting frontline workers with their submission to the Ideas Fund, from the point of pre-submission through to sign off. Providing guidance on how to strengthen an idea before submission through to administering all the necessary paperwork once an idea has been agreed for funding.
- Ensuring that a framework for monitoring and evaluation is implemented and adhered to for funded ideas.
- Working with the Policy and Comms Officer to ensure that key outcomes from ideas which are funded, are communicated to the wider Network.
- Identifying external stakeholders who may be able to support or share learning on a particular issue with applicants to the Ideas Fund, to strengthen the design of the idea and its potential impact. Facilitating joined up working on key themes emerging through the Ideas Fund.
Development of funding opportunities through the Frontline Network
Part of the ethos of the Frontline Network is to ensure that we are guided by frontline workers and the needs that they identify. To ensure that we stay true to this, this role will look to:
- Develop ways for frontline workers to feed into the design of the VRF and the Ideas Fund, specifically, to provide guidance on grant categories
- Develop ways to collect feedback from grant recipients and ensure that this feedback is also used to guide how and what we fund
- Develop the criteria and implementation plan for new funding offers, including: personal budgets, home starter packs, and an improved deposit offer
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the Charity’s funding streams
- Set up and develop a VRF Advisory Group of frontline workers
- To work with the Development Manager, Frontline Network and VRF teams to identify new opportunities for funding and coordinate initial proposals with the Fundraising Coordinator.
- To embed learning from monitoring and evaluation and support the team to understand and apply such learning in reviewing what we do and how we work