Main purpose of role: Undertake daily operational tasks, including assessing and processing grant applications, for the VRF (Vicar's Relief Fund) at St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity.
Main duties and responsibilities
General Grant Processing
- Process and evaluate grant applications received and, where necessary, obtain further information from applicants, apllying good judgement and flexibility in the process
- Maintain user records through our grant management system (Flexi-Grant)
- Reply to correspondence in VRF inbox and telephone queries about the VRF
- Deal with all information in line with Data Protection (GDPR)
- Process return of grants, check and chase evidence submitted by grant recipients
- Process new user registrations
- Make grant payments
- Actively highlight if there are any concerns with VRF applications or the process for applying for the grant
- Liaise with Fluent Technology (who host Flexi-Grant) where necessary
- Maintain a good working relationship with Charity Director, Frontline Network Team, St Martin-in-the-Fields Ltd staff, BBC Christmas Appeal volunteers and donors, and Connections at St Martin's staff
- Contribute relevant information, insights and expertise to the Team and the wider organisation, and take an active role in the development of the organisation's life and effective functioning
- To contribute, where necessary, to the development of the Charity and its initiatives including but not limited to the VRF and the Frontline Network
- Perform any reasonable duties commensurate with this post to ensure the success of St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity
This is not an exhaustive description of the job. Aspects will change over time and the job holder will be expected to contribute to its development and progression.
How to apply
If you're interested in coming to work for us, please provide the following -
- a current comprehensive CV outlining your key achievements in previous and current roles
- a supporting statement (no longer than two pages) explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the person specification (to be found in the attached application pack)
- details of two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior consent)
Deadline for receipt of applications - midnight on Friday 5 June 2020
Interviews will be held either in person at St Martin-in-the-Fields or remotely the week beginning 15 June 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.