This is a good time to join St Martins of Tours (St Martins); we are embarking on an exciting service-wide development programme, and are looking for dynamic individuals to support us with our change processes.
St Martins are a London based provider of registered care and supported accommodation for people with mental health needs. Currently, we can support up to 85 people, and we have projects in Islington, Haringey, Brent and Lambeth with some exciting plans for developing all our services. We are an ambitious organisation, aiming to provide high quality services which are recognised for being effective, flexible and resident focused.
The current group service users at St Martins are mainly (but not exclusively) male, of working age, and have often spent considerable time within institutional settings. Many of our current service users have severe and enduring mental health challenges, sometimes with backgrounds of social instability and patterns of offending, illegal/illicit substance and/or alcohol use. We also have some female service users, and people aged over 65 years.
We work closely with statutory mental health services and our partner agencies to provide a recovery based approach. Our aim is to provide our service users with the opportunity to progress from our services, onto living more independently within the community.
This is a new role at St Martins, and it will be an important part of the team driving the organisation forwards. The role will be key in supporting the development of our care services moving forwards, as we formalise our referral, assessment and placement pathways by making them more effective and personalised.
1 JOB PURPOSE:
- the main purpose of the role is to develop and facilitate a range of activities to support residents in developing and/or re-learning new skills
- this is a post which works core office hours and is not within the unit establishment
- demonstrate a positive and objective attitude in everyday practice
- co-ordinate and manage the implementation of individual plans for residents to enable them to develop skills and confidence
- develop plans that ensure a range of activities and interventions are delivered
- liaise with local partners and voluntary agencies to identify possible work/college etc placements
- facilitate group and 1:1 activities with residents
More information can be found in the job description.
This post is for our services in Islington and Wembley and is also subject to DBS checks.