We are an independent charity providing quality mentoring for young people. We have a full time vacancy to join our amazing youthwork team. The role is to take on a cohort of young people, under the guidance of the Head Youthworker; you will follow our model of dedication to our young people working with them in local schools, PRU, our own sessions, and prison visits if one of our young people needs it.
If this sounds interesting to you, it will be great for you to apply.
Please fill in the application form and attach your CV, look at the list below to see what we think the right person would bring to the job.
Best of luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
St. Mary's Centre Youthwork Team
- An outgoing personality with the ability to communicate with disaffected young people
- Experience of connecting well with other people
- Ability to work dynamically with some of the most at-risk young people, who are involved / affected by crime / violence.
- Willingness to train to get formal qualifications in youthwork / mental health / psychology
- A steady personality with the patience to keep working in possibly difficult circumstances is required.
- The confidence and integrity to work independently.
- Enthusiasm for working in partnership with community and voluntary organisations, local schools and statutory agencies.
- The ability to obtain DBS clearance.
- Ability to work flexible and unsocial hours including weekends when required
- Ability to help constructively with administrative, evaluative and financial records related to the Youthwork services an advantage.
- Ability to use IT tools including Word and Excel an advantage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.