St Mary’s is a growing parish church, deeply immersed in the life of Chipping Norton and aiming towards lives that are shaped by “Living In God’s Love, and Living Out God’s Love”. It is an exciting place to be, with a big vision for sharing the good news of Jesus with our whole community.
To facilitate that vision in the context of a growing church, we are seeking to employ someone who will enjoy playing a full part in our church life while taking on and continuing to shape our day-to-day financial administration.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Processing the daily and weekly volumes of financial transactions on Quickbooks;
- Dealing with confidential information including donations and staff payroll;
- Providing a point of contact for Independent Examiners, the Charity Commission and HMRC, as well as providing support for a number of smaller churches;
- Preparing budgets, liaising with budget holders and monitoring levels;
- Providing accounting support to our Building to Serve project and liaising with the finance team of our related charity The Branch Trust.
We're looking for someone who is organised, reliable and conscientious, a great team player, and with the right attutude to contribute positively and joyfully to our small office-based working environment. If you feel that you have the right skills and personal qualities then we would love to hear from you.
This job is for 14 hours each week, but there is also an opportunity to extend this role by an additonal 8 hours by taking on a finance role at our related charity The Branch Trust. Please see our website for details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.