Are you passionate about making a lasting difference to the lives of vulnerable adults?
About the role
The Assessment Centre in Harrow Road offers assessment and reconnection support to clients over a 28 day period ensuring those at risk of rough sleeping can be directed to services suitable to their immediate, medium and longer term needs.
Our team is growing and we are currently looking for 2 Housing and Lettings Workers who will play a key role in providing a welcoming, safe and supportive environment while providing housing and tenancy management support to clients at the service. You will be responsible for the quick turn-around of bed space voids and supporting new clients with benefits claims, accessing relevant health care and treatment appointments and other support needs. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a fast paced team in to ensure that a person centred approach is taken when
- Taking the lead on the process of clearing rooms when residents leave, deal with housing management and maintenance issues and support the day to day running of the reception and other communal areas.
- Maintaining positive relationship with catering providers and leading the smooth running of daily breakfast provisions to residents.
This role will suit people with some experience of housing or property management, experience of providing excellent service and managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people. You should also have:
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others whilst managing your own time.
- A non-judgemental approach to working with homeless people and an understanding of the needs and support requirements of vulnerable clients on low (or no) incomes; including those with mental health and/or substance dependency problems.
- Ability to learn internal systems, processes and IT applications to manage compliance within the service.
Above all, we are looking for people who are committed to the overall aims of the service and supporting clients in their recovery.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
- For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
- St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website. INCLUDE FOR EXTERNAL SITES
Click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to start your online application form. INCLUDE FOR SM WEBSITE
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 8 June 2022
Interview and assessments on: 20-24 June 2022
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.