Are you interested in making a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless and supporting an end to rough sleeping?
About the role
Harrow Road Assessment Centre work closely with Westminster outreach teams and the rough sleeping commissioner to provide short stay accommodation to people who have been rough sleeping. Our aim is to create a psychologically informed environment in order to assess and provide clients with suitable accommodation through a person centred approach. Our work is ongoing and we are currently looking for inspirational people to join the growing team as Assessment and Reconnection Workers.
As an Assessment and Reconnection Worker, you will:
- Be part of a busy team environment working closely with clients to explore suitable move on options.
- Provide a personalised case management service to clients, turning assessment recommendations into practical action plans which fully involves the client.
- Build and maintain effective relationships to support clients throughout their recovery.
- Develop a knowledge of relevant legislation such as, welfare benefit and housing legislation.
- Work on the weekly rota including weekends and bank holidays, in Mixed Shift roles (Including – early, mid and late day shifts)
This role will suit people with experience of working at pace in a public facing environment with the ability to adapt to new situations; as well as:
- An understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerable people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others whilst managing your own time.
- The ability to manage complex behaviours and to deal with people who may be in a difficult personal or emotional situation.
- The ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills.
- Above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to rebuild their lives in these key roles; many of our managers began their careers as an Assessment and Reconnection Worker.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
- For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
- St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to start your online application form.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 14 July 2022
Interview and assessments on: 22 July 2022
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.