Are you interested in supporting people at immediate risk of rough sleeping and making a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless in Oxford?
About the role
The St Mungo’s Rough Sleeping Team in Oxford provide a rapid response service, intervening to ensure no one needs to sleep rough. Our work is ongoing and we are currently looking for inspirational people to join the Somewhere Safe to Stay Service (SSTS) team as Assessment and Reconnection Workers. In these exciting roles you will:
- Be part of a busy team environment working closely with those new to, or at risk of rough sleeping.
- Provide a personalised case management service to clients, turning assessment recommendations into practical action plans which fully involves the client.
- Build and maintain effective relationships to support clients throughout their recovery.
- Develop a knowledge of relevant legislation such as, welfare benefit and housing legislation.
- Work on the weekly 24/7 rota including weekends and bank holidays.
These roles will suit people with experience of working at pace in a public facing environment with the ability to adapt to new situations; as well as:
- An understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerable people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others whilst managing your own time.
- The ability to manage complex behaviours and to deal with people who may be in a difficult personal or emotional situation.
- The ability to empower individuals to make positive changes and a willingness to develop these valuable skills.
- Above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to rebuild their lives in these key roles; many of our managers began their careers as an Assessment and Reconnection Worker.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Great Pay and Other Benefits
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 5 November 2021
Interview and assessments on: 17-18 October 2021
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.