Are you looking for a strategic senior Fundraising role and interested in making a lasting impact on the lives of people experiencing homelessness in the UK?
About the role
This post of offered on a fixed term contract until April 2023.
We are looking for someone to join the Fundraising team as Assistant Head of Individual Giving (Acquisition), where you will lead and inspire our talented acquisition fundraising team to maximise £15m of annual fundraising income so that we can continue to support people to transform their lives. At St Mungo’s we believe that people can, and do, recover from the problems that cause homelessness and we continue to work harder than ever to support an end to homelessness and rough sleeping for good.
As Assistant Head of Individual Giving, you will play a leadership role within the Fundraising team; setting the strategic direction of the acquisition fundraising programme across a range of channels and asks; including DRTV, Inserts & Door Drops, Press, Out of Home and F2F Fundraising. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Working with other key internal and external stakeholders you will play a key role in delivering St Mungo’s flagship winter 2022 cross-org fundraising and marketing campaign.
- Being responsible for the strategic oversight, development and delivery of the in-house Face to Face fundraising programme. Working closely with the Face to Face Coordinator to ensure the team not only achieves their ambitious targets, but deliver exceptional supporter experience.
We are looking for a strategic fundraising leader with experience of managing multi-faceted teams. You will be a strong communicator with experience in at least two of the areas that sit within acquisition fundraising and have the ability to solve complex problems whilst remaining focused on the big picture.
Project management skills and a data driven approach will be equally as important as your knowledge of fundraising compliance, including an understanding of GDPR, PECR and the Code of Fundraising Practice.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at senior management level.
What we offer
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Flexible Working and Pension
- We are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. We offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website and click the Apply Now button to sumit your CV and short supporting statement.
To view the job description, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 15 July, 2022
Interview and assessments: on 21 July 2022
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.