Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career supporting vulnerable adults?
About the roles
We have some exciting opportunities to join the teams across West London as Assistant Support Workers (known internally as Duty Worker) where you can develop valuable skills and experience while playing a key role in providing support to St Mungo’s clients. You can find out more about Our Services on our website.
In this role you will jointly manage the safe day to day running of the project with other members of the team and to provide basic support and advice to clients. In this role you will be the first point of contact at Reception for clients and visitors and have the opportunity to maintain a welcoming and supportive environment within the project. Other responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating important Health and Safety checks and other administrative duties.
- Work alongside the team to provide a person centred support to residents and clients.
- Working on the weekly shift rota that may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This is a fantastic role for people looking to develop a career in the sector; a number of current Managers started their career as Duty Workers.
- Some experience of dealing directly with the public and/or clients or customers in a busy service environment.
- Personal experience of homelessness and/or an understanding of; and empathy with the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people.
- A genuine interest in helping vulnerable people to make positive changes in their life, and the willingness to develop these valuable skills.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Good Pay and Other Benefits
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am, 8 December 2021
Interview and assessments on: 16-17 December 2021