Are you passionate about making a lasting difference to the lives of vulnerable adults?
About the role
Housing First is an innovating approach to supporting the most, excluded and hard to reach clients. It focuses on finding housing first; and then addressing the issues that have contributed to an individual’s homelessness.
The Camden Housing First service aims to support hard to reach clients with complex needs; by sourcing independent tenancies and providing intensive support into long term accommodation. By adopting a flexible, creative and personalised approach, the service aims to support individuals to manage their tenancies in the community and rebuild their lives. In the role of Housing First Worker:
- You will be responsible for the day to day delivery of the service managing a small caseload of clients.
- You will deliver ongoing and intensive support to help your clients set up their home, with the overall goal of supporting them to sustain their tenancy and achieve individual goals and aspirations.
- Work with a person centred approach to support clients in their own homes as well as in the community.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with local partner agencies to support clients throughout their recovery.
This role will suit motivated, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives, as well as:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people; motivating and empowering complex and diverse client groups to sustain housing, health and/or work outcomes.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to network and build effective relationships with a variety people, including clients, internal colleagues and partner agencies.
- The ability to work independently and be comfortable as a lone worker, with a good knowledge of relevant protocols and safety precautions.
- The ability to manage your own caseload with a proactive and innovative approach to your work and to work flexibly in order to provide ‘tailored support’ to meet clients individual needs and aspirations.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Great Pay and Other Benefits
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 20 July 2021
Interview and assessments on: 4 August 2021
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.