Are you an optimistic, solution-focused admin assistant with a ‘can do’ attitude who is looking to develop your career?
About the role
This role offers an exciting opportunity for you to play a key role in providing a range of efficient secretarial and administrative services to our Service Directors. As the Admin Assistant for the Leadership Team you will work as part of our Leadership Admin Team, reporting to the Leadership Admin Team Leader. You will be exposed to the workings of the organisation, with consistent opportunities to learn about what the Leadership Team at St Mungo’s does, and how they do it.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative support to our Service Directors, establishing and maintaining effective administrative processes
- Build relationships with the Service Directors and the wider Leadership Team and Client Services Leadership Team, and work with the rest of the Leadership Admin Team to ensure that efficient and effective administrative support is consistently provided
- Provide support, including minute-taking, for a range of key organisational meetings
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and well-organised person for this Admin Assistant role. You will enjoy dealing directly with the public or customers in a busy service environment. To succeed, you will have the ability to work as part of a team and to initiate and maintain highly positive and effective working relationships with others. You will also have very strong written and oral communication skills; excellent attention to detail; strong IT and typing skills; and a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office. Other requirements are the ability to process confidential information with the utmost discretion; and to manage your time and multi-task to deliver against agreed deadlines.
We seek to develop fast, self-motivated learners with transferable competencies and skills rather than expecting you to have necessarily worked in the same kind of role or organisation before.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Flexible Working and Other Benefits
- We are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. We offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 24 January 2022
Interview and assessments on: 4 February 2022
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.