Are you looking to start your career supporting vulnerable adults; working for a charity who makes a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless every day?
About the role
The St Mungo’s Pan London Rough Sleeping Teams (No Second Night Out and Somewhere Safe to Stay) provide a rapid response service, intervening to ensure no one needs to sleep rough. We are currently looking for people to join our teams across London in Night Reconnection Assistant roles. In these roles you will:
- Work as part of a busy team environment working closely with those affected by rough sleeping.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment at night to clients; and support a team of Assessment and Reconnection Workers, with key tasks; such as implementing reconnection or assessment plans and supporting clients into appropriate accommodation.
- Work on a 7 day weekly night rota pattern with an average of 3 waking night shifts in a row (for example 8pm–8.30am or 9pm–8am)
These crucial roles will suit people with an interest in in developing key skills to build a career working in a support role, as well as:
- Some experience of dealing directly with the public and/or customers in a busy service environment.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others effectively to get things done.
- Some understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
- You don’t need to have direct experience, above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work. We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
- Pay and Other Benefits
St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff. St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
You will be able to confirm your preferred location on your application form. If you are successful, we will do our best to match you to a vacancy in your preferred area. However, flexibly is essential as the Pan London teams continue to work in different settings and locations across the city at the current time to support clients where they need us the most.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 20 September 2021
Interview and assessments on: 4-8 October 2021
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.