Are you interested in managing and developing a small Accounts Payable team in a place where your success will make a real difference to people’s lives?
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our finance department, leading and developing the Accounts Payable (AP) team who provide an essential function to the organisation so managers can continue to deliver vital support to St Mungo’s clients. In this busy role you will:
- Oversee the day to day management of the accounts payable function and team, ensuring the smooth and effective running of AP processes and systems.
- Provide line management, and motivational support and supervision to the team while developing their capabilities and knowledge.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the AP function.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided while building effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement of the function.
This role will suit someone with:
- A solid knowledge and understanding of accounts payable procedures including double entry bookkeeping.
- Good communication skills and experience of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience of day to day management or supervision of staff or volunteers and a good understanding of effective techniques, processes and approaches to staff management.
- Experience of using Accounts Payable software and managing defined accounts payable procedures.
- Experience of improving, developing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Good organisation, prioritisation skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at mid- management level.
What we offer
Flexible Working and Pension
- We are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. We offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 27 September 2021
Interview and assessments on: 11-12 October 2021
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.