Are you passionate about supporting our clients on their journey to recovery?
About the role
We are looking for a Progression Coach to join our Construction skills team. You will have a passion for providing practical and pastoral support to individuals with experience of homelessness or other forms of social exclusion. You will offer them practical and pastoral support in formulating, implementing, and sustaining their chosen plans.
In the role of Progression Coach you will;
- Support clients on construction courses from enrolment stage to gain internal or external learning and training opportunities, volunteering, work placements or trials with our construction partners and on to employment.
- Be responsible for managing a large case load of clients and will need to be able to keep meticulous paper and electronic records
- Work closely with partner organisations and other external services, so as keep up-to-date knowledge of opportunities in education, vocational training and employment.
To succeed in this highly rewarding role it would benefit if you:
- Have experience of providing personalised advice, coaching and support to individuals facing homelessness or other forms of social exclusion
- Have an understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people – you may have had personal experience of homelessness yourself
- Have the ability to employ patience, empathy and optimism to support individuals to achieve challenging goals
- Have knowledge of the learning, training and employment issues for our client groups
- Are committed to our Recovery Ethos
However, above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
- St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 14th July 2022
Interview and assessments on: 19th July 2022
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.