Fixed term contract until 31 March 2022
Are you looking for a career supporting vulnerable adults?
About the role
The Senior Case Coordinator will help develop a through care team to work alongside the Southwark SPOT Street Outreach team. The aim is to support a targeted cohort to transition away from the streets sustainably. The Coordinator will support and motivate staff and clients to build resilience, well-being and the skills to live more independently. This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen gain experience and move into management.
In this role you will:
- Play a central role in coordinating the day to day case work of the team to ensure high quality personalised casework.
- Develop partnership working with a network of agencies internally and externally
- Line manage and provide essential support and supervision to Complex Case Workers.
- Manage a caseload of clients suffering multiple disadvantage who may not have stayed in stable accommodation for long periods of time.
- In this non shift role you will work mainly within normal office hours Monday – Friday, however, on occasion you may be asked to work flexibly in order to support the team or a particular client on an evening or weekend.
We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to coordinate a team in a homelessness service that empowers people to make a positive change.
- The skills and experience to help navigate those suffering multiple disadvantage through a complex array of services to help them achieve their goals.
- The personality to support and encourage colleagues to achieve outcomes and grow their knowledge and skill base in a challenging environment
- Commitment and skills to offer a high level service to those suffering complex trauma, in particular women who have suffered from violence and migrants who may have a different understanding of support and expectations placed on them.
- However, above all we are looking for inspirational, committed individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Pay and Other Benefits
- For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
- St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 9 August
Interview and assessments on: 17 August, to take place via video call
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.