Are you passionate about making a lasting difference to the lives of vulnerable adults?
Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those experiencing multiple barriers and challenges?
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and highly motivated Senior Employment Specialist to join our Employment Support service. The role will include empowering and supporting the service to provide supported employment to people affected by homelessness and helping them to address and overcome barriers to gain paid work based on their preferences.
The role will involve:
- Managing a small caseload of clients and providing personalized and in depth support to clients to overcome barriers to move towards paid employment
- Providing in-work support for clients and employers
- Networking and developing opportunities with local employers and other relevant partners/services
- Promoting the benefits of gaining and sustaining employment within St Mungo’s services and with referring partners.
- Involving and working closely with keyworkers and other key stakeholders involved in the clients’ care to assist with their employment journey.
- Line management of a small team of Employment Specialists – this involves regular case reviews, supervisions & appraisals.
- Supporting the Employment Support Manager to continue to improve and develop the service
- Keeping accurate data, evidence and update case management system
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have experience of supporting clients with low support needs and complex needs to work towards employment, and a background in building relationships with various stakeholders, and employer engagement, with the ability to broker paid job opportunities for clients.
You will need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with various stakeholders, colleagues, employers and clients. You will also need strong organisational and multitasking skills and attention to detail, alongside strong case and data management skills.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
St Mungo’s employees are encouraged to consider opportunities to develop new skills or progress including; secondments, internal transfers, application to new roles in the organisation or just to get involved in various projects happening within the organisation.
As a result last year 35% of our vacancies were filled by promotions. In 2019 we achieved We Invest in People Gold level accreditation and are one of just 3% of housing associations to achieve this standard; 82% of staff who took part in the IIP survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
At St Mungo’s, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves. Our Networks include: BAME, Carers and Parents, Lived Experience, LGBTQIA+, Disability Awareness, South West, Irish and Women’s Action.
- Pay and Other Benefits
St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff.
St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 we supported nearly 30,000 people who were either homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
Visit St Mungo's website. To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 12 April 2021
Interview and assessments on: Tuesday 20 or thursday 22 April 2021, to take place via video call
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates