Are you passionate about supporting and transforming the lives of people who are experiencing homelessness?
About the role
Bristol Supported Move On works with clients who are currently, have a history of, or at risk of rough sleeping. We offer properties as move on ‘stepping stone’ accommodation, for those referred to us to exit fully supported accommodation pathways provision or bypass the Supported Housing pathway route altogether. We work closely with Bristol City Council Homeless Prevention Team, internal St Mungo’s services and external partners to promote access to the service. We offer clients a two year fixed term tenancies at affordable rent levels (80% of market) with regular support to work toward independent living.
In this role you will:
- Develop best practice within the service, producing quality support and well-being plans,
- Prepare and facilitate group and 1-1 sessions increase client readiness for move on.
- Utilise client feedback to ensure support delivered across the service is appropriate to their needs, enables them to realise their aspirations, and achieve future independent living.
Above all we are looking for inspirational individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives.
- You will be an experienced support worker with a passion for Move On and you will bring innovation and creativity to developing best practice approaches for how the service prepares clients for independent living in the wider community.
- You will work closely with the Supported Move On Manager to support the team in developing move on plans that balance the focus on support and well-being with clear goals for client progression with their Move On journey.
- You will have the opportunity to develop the wider understanding of supported Move On model with internal colleagues, external partners and the local commissioners, evidencing how its successes and challenges are understood through service reporting and client feedback.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the Job Description, full Person Specification and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab on the advert page on our website.
Closing date for applications: 10am on 31st May 2022
Interview and assessments on: TBC
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work. We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
- Pay and Other Benefits
St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff. St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.