Are you passionate about supporting and transforming the lives of people who are experiencing homelessness?
We have several Permanent and Fixed term roles available within the team.
About the roles
We are looking for people to join our teams across Hackney in roles as Support Workers (known internally as Project Workers). You can find out more about all Our Services on our website. Working in these roles, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work with clients to identify their personal aims and ambitions and work towards achieving them.
- Provide practical and personal support to clients in an approachable, caring and person centred way.
- Work as part of a dedicated team to provide safe, high quality, positive and inclusive service to clients.
- Complete administrative records relating to client work, housing management and health and safety.
- Work on a weekly shift rota including early and late shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
Above all we are looking for inspirational individuals who have a genuine desire to support people to transform their lives and will be committed to our Recovery Ethos, additionally these roles will suit people with:
- An understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people – you may have had personal experience of homelessness yourself.
- Experience of helping vulnerable people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills, in order to be able to establish an effective working relationship with clients and an enthusiasm to learn and work with clients with a holistic and person-centred approach.
To view the Job Description, full Person Specification and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab on the advert page on our website.
What we offer
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work. We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
- Pay and Other Benefits
For this role staff can claim an additional 20% pay premium for hours worked between 8pm and 8am Monday to Friday, and all hours worked on Saturday and Sunday.
St Mungo’s is proud to pay client facing staff above average for the sector. We run a cycle to work scheme and also offer season tickets loans to all staff. St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website
Only submit this application for vacancies in Hackney if it is the most suitable area for you. If you are successful, we will do our best to match you to a vacancy in your preferred area or include you in our talent pool for suitable vacancies. You can apply for other available areas here
Closing date for applications: 10am on 18 July 2022
Interview and assessments on: 28th and 29th July 2022
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.