Are you ready for a rewarding opportunity to apply your accounting experience while working for a charity that makes a real difference to the lives of homeless people every day?
About the role
This is an exciting time to join the St Mungo’s Finance team as we begin a process of improvement and change to support ongoing development and provision for client services. We are looking for a talented individual who will support the development and change in provision of finance systems and processes across the organisation.
Initially reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, the core purpose of this role will be to map, manage and significantly improve existing finance systems and related processes; and support in leading the implementation, development and continuous improvement of future system changes. Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Preparation and maintenance of a map of finance systems showing how they interface with each other and with non-finance systems.
- Management of the technical requirements of all existing finance systems (including Add-Ons such as BACS and VAT) and in particular Open Accounts (general ledger system) and Ebis (accounts payable system) including ensuring that the systems are technically and functionally up to date.
- Working with members of the Finance Directorate to identify and implement process improvement opportunities with existing systems, particularly to eliminate workarounds and to automate currently manual tasks.
- Helping to develop and then lead a business plan for the replacement of the current accounting systems and the potential introduction of new software.
We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong desire to drive process improvement and a willingness to learn; someone with the ability to identify and resolve problems effectively and challenge ideas to reach the most positive outcomes.
You will have good experience of working with finance systems from both a back and front end perspective, demonstrating your track record of delivering pro-active systems support and process improvement that have benefited finance teams and wider organisational development.
Your attention to detail and excellent knowledge of IT applications is as important as your ability to build positive working relationships and effectively communicate technical information to a variety of people. We encourage you to apply if you are an innovative, experienced finance professional interested in working for a charity who makes a real difference to the lives of vulnerable adults.
What we offer
- Flexible and agile Working and other benefits
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website and click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to start your online application form.
Closing date: 10am on 7 December 2021
Interview and assessments on: 15-17 December 2021
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.