This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to join our very successful Fundraising team.
Available on a temporary maternity cover basis, the Community Fundraising Manager is a diverse role where no two days are the same.
You will have the ability to manage your own workload, have a flexible and adaptable approach to your work and work closely and collaboratively with our wider fundraising and marketing communications in delivering an existing, active community fundraising strategy.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and management skills and who can work collaboratively as a member of a busy fundraising team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of thousands of patients, their families and carers when it matters most.
- 27 days holiday FTE (plus Bank Holidays)
- Competitive salary benchmarking, with a transparent approach to pay
- Hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Reduced Gym memberships
- Access to discounts and offers from the UK's most popular retailers and service providers
- Working 37.5 hours per week, 5 days in 7
- Salary: £29,377 to £32,642 per annum, dependant on experience
- Temporary position, maternity cover
- Estimated contract length around 12 months, or the early return of the post-holder
- Office locations: Brentry & Long Ashton
- Lead the Community Fundraising Team for the Hospice by developing an annual plan to maximise income from community fundraising.
- To develop the budgets for the Community Fundraising Team, reporting and reforecasting regularly and working to deliver both income and expenditure.
- To plan and deliver the supporter engagement process for community fundraisers by encouraging and motivating them in order to help them reach their full fundraising potential.
- To line manage the Community Fundraiser, providing support and leadership to ensure they develop and reach their potential through regular 1:1s and annual appraisals as well as through developing a supportive working environment.
- To take the lead on organising key community fundraising events, including planning, event logistics and risk assessments as well as promotion and on the day management.
- To work closely with our Marketing and PR team to develop suitable materials and ensure community fundraising activities are promoted appropriately through media and digital platforms
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of one year experience working in the fundraising sector
- Experience of cross-team working and someone who is a great team player
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver great presentations
- Experience of managing, supporting or leading community and/or volunteer groups
- Competent in use of Outlook, Windows applications and database use
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire
- An excellent influencer and negotiator who can develop long lasting relationships, motivate and engage supporters
For more information please visit the jobs page on the St Peter's Hospice website.
We know sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could just be what we're looking for!
We believe in equality of opportunity and understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability.
We will review applications as they come in and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply early.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.