If you are a great team player with excellent communication skills and an eye for a good story then we want to hear from you! We have an exciting new opportunity for an innovative, creative and enthusiastic media and communications officer. You will be joining our busy fundraising and marketing team, a team where you will be well supported and will feel valued in. You will be used to liaising and working proactively with the media as well as internal stakeholders and will have an excellent standard of written work. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as you’ll be delivering the media and press activities for the Hospice as well as working to deliver strong internal communications.
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to discounts and offers from the UK's most popular retailers and service providers
- Working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Permanent position
- Lead development and delivery of annual PR and media plans to raise the profile of the Hospice
- Be the first point of contact for media enquiries and manage reactive requests
- Identify opportunities for media engagement, develop all relevant press materials and oversee media monitoring & evaluation
- Create and manage the annual calendar of internal communications and support with the planning, creation & editing of content
- Manage and deliver internal communications campaigns, working jointly with other departments
- Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a journalism, press office or media environment
- Exceptional written skills and the ability to plan and deliver communications campaigns
- Strong relationship building skills
Do you want to have the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to Bristol’s only adult hospice? Use your passion and skills to make a real difference and join a much-loved Bristol charity with its huge supporter base and in return you will get that feel-good factor.
We believe in equality of opportunity and understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability.
Due to the Christmas period interviews to take place between the 5th - 12th January.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.