An exciting vacancy has arisen for an Activities Co-ordinator to join our Support Centre in Newcastle. We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about co-ordinating and managing activities for clients. This is an interesting opportunity to work for a flexible employer committed to it’s staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing activities and sessions with a focus on enhancing clients mental and physical well-being.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to 22.5 hours per week over 3 days, working 7.5 hours per day Monday to Friday (may involve occasional evening and weekend work)
Location = Newcastle
Contract = Temporary - 1 year fixed term contract
Salary = £11.40 per hour (£13,338 per annum)
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, employee assistant programme, retail discounts, birthday day off, buy / sell holiday scheme, enhanced maternity pay and lots more
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in identifying and developing activities that will support clients who come to the centre and working with those clients to ensure that they feel welcome and supported
- Ensure there are measures in place to track the success of the services provided to achieve positive outcomes that are measurable and sustainable
- Coordinate activities at the centre so that clients can access the right activities at the right time and deliver activities when required
- Assist the Project Manager to support existing and future volunteers to deliver activities
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A*-C or equivalent qualification
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing activities
- Understanding and empathy with clients facing mental health challenges
- Ability to manage own time and work on own initiative with minimal direct supervision
- Empathy and understanding of SVP ethos and values – and commitment to them
It is desirable that the candidate can demonstrate the following –
- A training/teaching qualification
- Experience of working with and/or managing volunteers
- Experience working within a third sector environment
Closing Date = 20th May 2021
Interviews = WC: 31st May 2021
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy if a suitable candidate is sourced before the closing date.
ABOUT THE SVP:
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known - the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.