An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Enterprise Manager to join us based in Bradford. The project currently has an established superstore and café as well as a community garden that is under development. The project offers a range of support services such as education classes, immigration support and generalist advice as well as social enterprise initiatives promoting re-use. This is our first large scale social enterprise project so it is a great time to join the SVP.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about helping people in need and enhancing the local community. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running and overall management, development of new social enterprise initiatives and the financial sustainability of the project.
Working Hours = Full time - You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours per week
Location = Bradford – Excellent public transport links and free parking available
Contract = Permanent
Salary = £35,000 - £38,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, employee assistance programme, retail discounts, birthday day off, buy / sell holiday scheme, enhanced paid leave and lots more.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a sustainable project strategy in support of the Trustees strategic objectives
- Network with external agencies and charities and internal members to develop partnerships
- Manage all existing services including the shop, café and re-use departments, ensuring cost-effectiveness and income generation
- Develop new Social Enterprise initiatives focussing initially on re-use resources, employability skills and training to generate income for the project.
- Develop new income streams, costs savings and creative ideas for the sustainability of the project
- Ensure financial targets are consistently met by managing financial budgets (income and costs) with a focus on net surplus generation
- To ensure the timely recruitment, training, development and performance management of all staff and volunteers within the project
- Promote the Centre locally and nationally as required and engage in market events
- Manage the building including all safety and compliance checks and within the terms of the lease
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- A good standard of education preferably to a higher or degree level
- Experience managing multiple teams and departments of varying disciplines
- First-hand experience of developing new initiatives from an employability and/or training background
- Experience in Financial management and in developing business strategy
- Good understanding of learning, development and training programmes and styles
- A clear understanding of how local communities and service user demographics impact how a social values project operates
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a business building mindset
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Great time management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
- Engaging personality with the ability to build strong relationships
- Empathy and understanding of SVP ethos and values
It is desirable that the candidate can demonstrate the following –
- Previous work experience within a charity or the voluntary sector
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Up to date re-use sector knowledge
In return we’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV.
Closing Date = 7th February 2022
Deadline for Application Packs = 13th February 2022
Interviews = W/C 28th February 2022
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.
ABOUT THE SVP:
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known - the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.