StandOut is an exciting and growing organisation that equips men who are coming up for release from prison with the skills, confidence and mindset to succeed. The StandOut Programme was launched in HMP Wandsworth in 2017 and in the Autumn of 2019, we expanded our reach into HMP Pentonville. Covid19 put a temporary pause on Programme delivery but we expect to work with our prison partners to re-establish delivery as soon as release from lock down permits. In the interim we have pivoted our approach and set up a Helpline to support prison leavers from our partner prisons and we expect this work to continue for the foreseeable future.
The StandOut Programme runs in three-phases, beginning with a 12 day course in prison and continuing work with trainees up to their release date and through the gate after release. Unusually, StandOut support is then offered for as long as it is required.
The Finance and Operations Manager is a new role for StandOut and offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to play an important part in our future development.
You will be responsible for the smooth day to day running of the charity overseeing the operational and financial management aspects of StandOut. You will work with the founders to help build on the success of StandOut’s first 3 years and the role will form part of the Senior team, working closely with the Founder/CEO, Development Manager and Director of Programmes.
You will have understanding, and experience, of the business and financial skills needed to ensure the full operational function is fit for purpose, meeting the needs of a growing, fast paced charity. You will bring the ability to evaluate, adapt and create the effective and economical processes needed for StandOut’s operations to thrive, problem solving operational challenges where needed.
You will be a great organiser who does not shy away from a challenge. Flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated, you will have great communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders. You will bring your professional excellence to all aspects of the role.
You will share StandOut’s values and gain an understanding of our work to ensure that the passion and commitment demonstrated by the coaching team is reflected in these key operational areas.
- Lead the day to day financial management, working with our external bookkeeper to ensure financial systems are up to date, fit for purpose and meet deadlines for reporting requirements
- Lead and manage financial internal controls, supporting the Founder/ CEO and Hon Treasurer (a trustee role) in managing the finance administration.
- Oversee payment processes, upload monthly payments into our bank account.
- Support the Development Manager with funding applications including providing budgeting and costing support.
- Ensure that grants and donations are appropriately tracked, applied and reported.
- Work with our accountants to manage the Annual Report and preparation of Annual Accounts
- Support with the planning and managing of fundraising events.
- Explore and manage pro bono opportunities to support StandOut.
- Be willing to undertake other bespoke projects and work as and when needed.
- Uphold, enhance and practice the values of StandOut in managing the charity’s finances.
- Lead on managing StandOut’s office at China Works; liaising with our landlord and coordinating an environment that is enjoyable for staff to work, equipped with the necessary resources for effective working, and that support wellbeing.
- Responsible for the management of key contracts and operations provision including, for example, insurance, mobile phone contracts, IT equipment, health and safety.
- Lead StandOut’s health and safety policies and practices, ensuring policies and practices comply with legal requirements and ensuring the responsibility for Health and Safety is owned by all employees.
- Manage and oversee key systems including, for example, CharlieHR, Salesforce, Xero, Soldo, Dropbox and Google Suite.
- Liaise with HR legal support to ensure policies are up to date.
- Manage our recruitment, induction, probation and staff review processes, leading on staff inductions for the office and operations side of the organisation.
- Support the Founder/ CEO with administration and planning related to the trustees.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter (2-page max). The cover letter should explain how your experience and values make you a good match for this role at StandOut.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.