Starfish Health and Wellbeing provides a primary care psychological therapies service that offers support to people who are emotionally distressed and looks at how we can support them in their recovery.
Vacancy: High Intensity Psychological Therapist / Trainee High Intensity Psychological Therapist
Location: Stafford and Cannock
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: High Intensity £30,401 - £37,267 pa, Trainee £26,565 - £35,577 pa (Salaries are dependent upon Experience & Qualifications)
Please note, these are fixed term contracts to March 2020 which may be extended.
We are seeking a highly motivated Therapist to provide primary care such as: assessments, therapy and practical support. The candidate will support a diverse range of clients with mental health problems, including anxiety and depression.
Role includes assessment of clients’ suitability for counselling; deciding on suitability of new referrals for therapy: referral of clients to relevant services, provision of individual support plans and educating family members where required.
The successful candidate will possess a professional high intensity qualification, (IPT, CFD, couples counselling EMDR and CBT) and membership or accreditation with the appropriate professional body, are essential along with previous experience working within the mental health service. The trainee may be an active counsellor who is working towards one of the above qualifications.
The job holder will be able to demonstrate high standards of: time management, written communication, computer literacy, relationship building and continuing professional development.
Evidence of working in primary care, to agreed targets and within the local community are desirable.
All Starfish appointments are subject to a six-month probationary period
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Have or be working towards the appropriate NICE guideline approved qualification in psychological therapy or equivalent.
- At least one year’s experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary mental health service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge across the spectrum of IAPT service provision.
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets.
- Excellent communication, motivation and supervisory skills
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent “can do” attitude whilst maintaining attention to detail.
Closing date: 2 July 2019
Please click the 'Apply Now' button for more information on how to complete your application.
A DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful applicant.
Starfish is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We only accept our completed applications. We would kindly request you do not send CV’s for this position.
No agencies please.