Starfish: Health and Wellbeing provides mental health services across Teesside, Staffordshire and Wolverhampton. We are part of an innovative and growing group with an expanding range of services.
We are looking to recruit a Wellbeing Worker to cover our GP First service, to promote the development of each clients’ social skills, as well as the ability to draw on their own resources. You will strive to increase the clients’ self confidence and independence, empowering them to live a healthy, proactive and fulfilled life.
Title: Wellbeing Worker
Hours: On a rota basis - 22.5 hours per week (over 3 days) 30hrs per week (over 4 days)
Salary: £19,947 per annum (pro-rata)
Based: GP surgeries Stafford and surrounding area
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2020
The post holder will work within GP practices providing needs based service to patients with long-term conditions, comorbid health conditions, low level mental health problems and social problems. The patients will have different levels of vulnerability and risk connected to their specific issues.
The service will be providing high volume low intensity interventions which will be a range of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based skills, Solution Focused therapy and self-management interventions to patients.
The post holder will work within the community to develop links with a range of multi agency services to provide a holistic service to all clients referred by either a health care professional or self referral.
Key areas of accountability and responsibility include:
- Make decisions on suitability of new referrals adhering to the service’s referral protocols
- Assess and support clients with common mental health problems in the self management of their recovery
- Undertake person centred assessments and develop mutually agreed support plans to facilitate the recovery of each client
- Provide a range of information and support for evidence based high volume low-intensity psychological treatments, which could include guided self-help, computerised CBT, or information about pharmacological treatments.
- Educate and involve family members and others in treatment as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Psychology degree, certificate in Mental Health work, Social work diploma, nursing qualification, OT degree or diploma in counselling
- Experience and evidence of working with people who have suffered with a mental health problem
- Demonstrates high standard in written communication and able to write clear reports
- Ability to listen and develop good therapeutic relationships with clients, as well as able to empathise and present a non-judgemental approach
- Ability to demonstrate and understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary care
Closing date: Sunday 2nd February 2020.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button for more information on how to complete your application.
All Post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
Starfish is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We only accept our completed applications. We would kindly request you do not send CV’s for this position.
No agencies please.