Start Network is a global network of more than 50 aid agencies, ranging from large international organisations to national NGOs. We're tackling what we believe are the biggest problems that the humanitarian sector faces. Together, our aim is to transform humanitarian action.
We can only achieve our goals if we can scale the network. To do this, we must ensure Start Network has future-proofed and scalable ways of working. As our Business Analyst, you will assess our current ways of working. You will plan and design new technology-enabled processes, including automated workflows and data-driven reporting.
You will work with staff to collect, clarify, and capture requirements. You will figure out what processes and technology platforms can be improved. You will project manage digital initiatives, so you'll also need to be great working with people. It is as much about behaviour as technology. This will also involve working with external suppliers and developers, acting as the link person with the team. We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent relationship builder
- Able to translate business needs into technical requirements
- A brilliant problem solver and creative thinker
- With an eye for detail
- A great commuicator and able to make technical language user-friendly
- Experience of systems and process analysis
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- A can do attitude and ability to work in a start-up culture
- Cultural sensitivity to working in a diverse team
- A Business Analysis qualification is desirable, but not essential
Start Network became a new independent charity on 1st May 2019 after being hosted by Save the Children for nine years. In our first year of independence, we are excited to be recruiting several roles to join the team. Join us!
In return, this is what we offer you:
- Centrally located WeWork office with onsite drinks and snacks available free of charge
- Access to cultural talks, events, pop-up sales, and a place to meet and socialise after work
- Discounts at local cafes and restaurants in association with WeWork
- Flexible working with options to work from home and remotely
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Family friendly policies, particularly maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities for individuals and cross-organisationally
- 25 days’ holiday plus 2 company days over the Christmas period
The full job description and how to apply (all in one document) is attached and can also be found on our website. You just need to send us your up-to-date CV (no more than 2 A4 sides), cover letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) and equality and diversity monitoring form - all as word documents.
Closing date: 14 April 2020
Remote test: 17 April 2020
First interviews (virtual/telephone): w/c 20 April 2020
Final interview (in person or virtual): w/c 27 April 2020
Any offer of employment is subject to relevant checks. Please refer to our privacy statement and candidate privacy notice regarding treatment of your data.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.