Start Network is a global network of more than 50 aid agencies, ranging from large international organisations to national NGOs. We're tackling what we believe are the biggest problems that the sector faces. Together, our aim is to transform humanitarian action.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide excellent administrative support to our most senior staff – the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Finance and Operations Officer (CFOO). This role will suit someone who enjoys helping others by being highly organised and efficient. Diary management, minute taking, travel booking, preparation of briefing packs and getting involved in cross-organisational projects are all part of the job.
This role will suit someone who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has a go-getter attitude
- Takes responsibility seriously and hold others to account
- Is goal-focused
- Demonstrates excellent organisational skills
- Manages time well
- Is confident working on your own initiative
- Demonstrates strong IT Skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Has experience or a willingness to learn how to use Zoom, Skype, and Salesforce
- Is a great team player with flexibility to adapt to changing demands with proven problem-solving skills
- Shows cultural sensitivity to work with a diverse team
Start Network became a new independent charity on 1st May 2019 after being hosted by Save the Children for nine years. In our first year of independence, we are excited to be recruiting several roles to join the team. Join us!
In return, this is what we offer you:
- Centrally located WeWork office with onsite drinks and snacks available free of charge
- Access to cultural talks, events, pop-up sales, and a place to meet and socialise after work
- Discounts at local cafes and restaurants in association with WeWork
- Flexible working with options to work from home and remotely
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Family friendly policies, particularly maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities for individuals and cross-organisationally
- 25 days’ holiday plus 2 company days over the Christmas period
The full job description and how to apply (all in one document) is attached and can also be found on our website. You just need to send us your up-to-date CV (no more than 2 A4 sides), cover letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) and equality and diversity monitoring form - all as word documents.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 (midnight UK time)
Interviews: w/c Monday 27th January (45 minutes with a panel inclduing a short presentation about yourself to prepare in advance)
Any offer of employment is subject to relevant checks. Please refer to our privacy statement and candidate privacy notice regarding treatment of your data.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.