Are you a great listener who can bring diverse voices together to advocate for change? Do you enjoy co-creation, facilitation and partnership working? Would you love the chance to work with more than 50 organisations tackling the biggest problems that the aid sector faces?
As External Affairs and Advocacy Manager, you'll develop Start Network’s advocacy strategy, working closely with the team, members and Hubs. It’s a great opportunity to increase the network’s influence to catalyse change across the global aid sector. You will leverage Start Network’s convening power, working with members, Hubs and the team, to develop key advocacy messages, materials and content. Working collaboratively with Hubs, you will facilitate partnerships to shift the power so that smaller southern organisations are also able to advocate for change in the humanitarian system.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in developing and implementing advocacy strategy
- A brilliant relationship-builder, with experience of working with varied stakeholders internationally
- Able to listen to diverse views and cocreate initiatives that incorporate these views
- An outstanding communicator with an ability to influence and create space for others to have a voice
- A proactive problem-solver
- A go-getter attitude to move from ideas to action
Our offer to you:
- Flexible working with options to work from home (approx. 2 days per week)
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Family friendly policies, particularly maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday plus 2 company days over the Christmas period
- Centrally located WeWork office with onsite drinks and snacks available free of charge
- Access to cultural talks, events, pop-up sales, and a place to socialise after work
- Discounts at local cafes and restaurants in association with WeWork
Closing date: Wednesday 25 March midnight (UK time)
First interviews with presentation: w/c 30 March
Final interview: w/c 6 April
Please visit our website or download the attached job description which includes details of how to apply. If you have any questions about the role, please do contact us. We're a small team, so will only be able to contact candidates shortlisted for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.