Develop your career in finance by shaping the way we manage our money at the Start Network, a humanitarian start-up with big ideas. Start Network is a global network of more than 50 aid agencies, ranging from large international organisations to national NGOs. We're tackling what we believe are the biggest problems that the sector faces. Together, our aim is to transform humanitarian action.
Your main responsibility will be ensuring robust financial information is provided to the leadership team and Board to help them to make the best decisions for the charity. This will include the provision of business modelling, analysis of financial risk, and financial management information. You'll be providing strategic and financial decision support to the team managing an annual expenditure of approximately £40m.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Holds a recognised accounting qualification
- Brings expertise from financial and management accounting at a senior level
- With experience of development and monitoring financial strategy and establishing processes and controls
- Has fantastic communication and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A can-do attitude
- A willingness to work flexibly and find new ways of working that help us to be more agile
Our offer to you:
- Flexible working with options to work from home (approx. 2 days per week)
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Family friendly policies, particularly maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday plus 2 company days over the Christmas period
- Centrally located WeWork office with onsite drinks and snacks available free of charge
- Access to cultural talks, events, pop-up sales, and a place to socialise after work
- Discounts at local cafes and restaurants in association with WeWork
Closing date: Thursday 26th March midnight (UK time)
Test and interviews: w/c 30th March (test by email and interview 45-60 minutes with a panel)
Please visit our website or download the attached job description which includes details of how to apply. We'll review applications on a rolling basis and interview exceptional candidates before the deadline, so apply now. If you have any questions about the role, please do contact us. We're a small team, so will only be able to contact candidates shortlisted for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.