Do you want to be involved in changing the humanitarian aid system? Are you excited about the chance to shape a new charity? Read on.
Start Network is made up of more than 50 aid agencies across five continents, ranging from large international organisations to national NGOs. Together our mission is to create a new era of humanitarian action that will save even more lives. We aren’t driven by media headlines or political will, we’re here for the communities affected by crises. Through localisation, innovation and new forms of financing, we’re empowering people on the front-line to provide early, effective responses when crises strike.
Start Network became an independent charity on 1st May 2019 and we are recruiting a Head of Network Development and Membership to be based in our central London office in Holborn.
The focus of the 12 month role will be to:
- Shape and deliver the strategy to increase the number of members, particularly those based in countries affected by humanitarian crises. Start Network is supporting these organisations to form hubs – collections of organisations to work differently in response to humanitarian needs.
- Lead the development of the network to be more globally disbursed, working closely with the Membership Committee. This role and team will play a critical role in supporting the hubs to try new ways of working, including testing different legal agreements, governance arrangements, financial tools and due diligence.
- Represent network development and membership internally and externally, such as to members and donors, to promote Start Network’s ambitious plans, particularly around localisation. This includes co-leading on the content of an annual Assembly to bring together representatives from all members to shape the strategic direction of the network.
- Lead a team of advisors and managers, based in the UK and overseas, and manage a budget of circa £1m.
- As part of the Executive Team, work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance and Operations Officer and Start Network Board, to shape the future of the network.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in:
- Experience in a membership organisation or from one of the Network member organisations
- Design of user-centred processes and programme approaches
- Complex / agile programme management
- Organisational development
- Humanitarian policy, preferably localisation or financing
Are you driven to make a difference? To work alongside a dynamic and talented team? Are you committed to helping people and communities become more resilient in the face of increased risk to humanitarian aid crises? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
We strongly encourage secondments from our membership, internal candidates and those with a diverse background/experience to apply.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment. Any offer of employment is subject to relevant checks.
Our roles are open to discussion about flexible working, which may include arrangements such as part-time working, formalised flexitime, working from home and job-sharing. While our team is office based, home working is part of our culture.
Start Network is committed to developing policies which embrace diversity, promote equality of opportunity and eliminate unlawful discrimination. We are an equal opportunities employer and treat every application on merit alone. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet our minimum selection criteria. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. Please refer to our Equal Opportunities Policy for further information.
How to apply: Please click on apply for further instructions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.